La Disney chiude la LucasArts (già LucasFilm Games)

Per i giochi che tengono il piede in due o più scarpe, per le esclusive Microsoft, Sony e PC e per il nuovo orizzonte indie.
  • Il commento di Ron Gilbert (http://grumpygamer.com/4103820):

It will always be Lucasfilm Games(tm) to me, never LucasArts. They changed the name a year or so before I left when they rolled a bunch of divisions into this new company called LucasArts and the games group was one of them. Many years later, all that was left in LucasArts was the old games group, so the name became synonymous with games.

It's hard for me not to be sad. I haven't worked there since 1992, but it was still home to me. I grew up there. I learned just about everything I know about designing games there. I made lifelong friends there. Eight of the most memorable and influential years of my life were spent there. I would not be who I am today without Lucasfilm Games.

I still have hope that I might get the rights to Monkey Island back someday. LucasArts shutting down doesn't change anything since Disney bought them back in Oct. Maybe there will be less of an emotional attachment to it. Who knows. Not me.

I'm to opposite of a Pack Rat. I don't know if there is a catchy word for that, but that's what I am. I get antsy if I can't move from one place to another by throwing everything I own into the back of my car.

This is the sum-total of my collection of the games I have worked on over the past 20+ years. So many missing ones. Nothing the years at Humongous Entertainment. No Monkey Island 2. At least they are all still in shrink wrapped.
  • Ma porca pu....
  • Un video promozionale del 1993, che mostra cosa fosse la LucasArts a quei tempi:

(e George pareva crederci per davvero)
  • La Disney ha stretto un accordo la Electronic Arts per quanto riguarda i titoli su Star Wars. Sarà quindi la EA ha pubblicare i prossimi titoli videoludici sulla saga di Lucas, affidando a vari team il compito di svilupparli: http://www.destructoid.com/the-future-o ... 3203.phtml

Come prevedibile, i diritti su Star Wars son ostati affidati abbastanza velocemente. Rimangono da risolvere quelli relativi alle avventure grafiche e ad Indy (ma anche ad altri titoli "minori").

Nel frattempo, pare che i protagonisti delle vecchie avventure grafiche abbiano saputo quel che è successo e non l'hanno presa particolarmente bene:

• Torna a “Multiplatform”